With 70 years of history, Dexco went throught important transformations in recent years, which has led the Company to significantly raise its profitability levels. With a focus on creating shareholder value, the Company’s actions are based on the following pillars:
Since 2015, the Company went throught relevant transformations, which included the creation of the Dexco Management System (SGD), review of performance and asset metrics with a focus on generating value for shareholders. In addition, the new value purpose was defined: Solutions for Better Living, which placed the customer at the heart of the strategy. In 2021, the change of the corporate brand from Duratex to Dexco symbolized the beginning of a new cycle of strategic growth for the Company. With the promise of Viver Ambientes and the announced investment plan in the amount of BRL 2.5 billion, Dexco took another important step in bringing its customers and consumers closer together.
Synonymous with quality and reliability, the Company operates through three business divisions, Wood, Deca and Ceramic Tiles, through the brands Duratex, Durafloor, Deca, Hydra, Ceusa, Portinari and Castelatto, which are leaders in the sectors in which they operate. In addition, it is recognized as a design reference focused on the high value-added market.
Innovation and Digitalization as Process Directional
Based on the pillars of Purchase Experience, Digital Retail, Solutions and Services, Data Analysis, Industry 4.0 and New Constructive Technologies, the Company continually invests in research and development of solutions that make its performance with its customers more competitive.
- Purchasing experience: With its strategic moves, Dexco seeks to accelerate its digital, technological, data management and logistical intelligence processes, aiming at a better consumption experience, greater understanding and closer contact with the final customer in the journey of renovation, decoration and construction.
- Digital Retail: through technology, it is possible to create direct sales channels with customers, with a focus on e-commerce and the marketplace, also following the omnichannel trend of global retail. Based on this, in 2020, the first smart store was launched in the Ceramic Tiles Division and Deca’s marketplace, the sale of which is carried out directly to the customer and distributed through partners.
- Solutions and Services: approaching excellent customers and influencers in the coming years, facilitating, for example, the process of choosing professionals for consumers.
- Data Analysis: clear understanding and monitoring of the customer’s journey, with tools that allow us to assess the impact that the Company’s products generate and how it is possible to connect with the customer through them. Allowing Dexco to drive projects to expand opportunities. In this sense, the acquisition, in 2020, of construtech Viva Decora, an online platform with more than 10 million unique sessions per month.
- Industry 4.0: Bringing more and more cost competitiveness to operations in different aspects, Industry 4.0 is evident in the construction of a high-tech factory for the production of Ceramic Coatings. All production lines will start their work already robotized, with self-diagnosis of machines and records for maintenance via mobile. In addition, the wood and forest panel plants are following the same pace of digitization, with a focus on increasing safety, traceability, flexibility and competitiveness of products and processes.
- New Constructive Technologies: Through its Corporate Venture Capital (CVC), DX Ventures, Dexco focuses on getting closer to the entrepreneurial environment in the civil construction and renovation sector, as a way of anticipating trends. In 2021, contributions were announced in Urbem, a company specialized in the production of engineered wood, and Noah, which aims to bring sustainability to civil construction with the use of engineered wood in an industrialized construction process.
The commitment to conscientious business management is a fundamental part of Dexco’s history, with sustainable attitudes present since the beginning of its history, as presented below:
- Environmental: the Company encourages the development of low-impact solutions that encompass operational efficiency, environmental balance through waste management, natural resource management, development of eco-efficient products, forestry management and a strong commitment to the climate agenda.
- Social: With the Way of Being and Doing as its base, the Company proposes to carry out work focused on its employees and society, with the aim of building a more inclusive, innovative Company that is attentive to the needs of its employees. At the same time, work in the surrounding communities has intensified, with investments in social entrepreneurship as a way of accelerating impact projects that connect with the Company’s purpose.
- Governance: We are committed to transparency in the disclosure of information to the market, in addition to initiatives and actions to comply with legal obligations. It is also worth mentioning that we have committees that assist the Executive Board in decision-making and 33% of independent members on the Board of Directors. In addition, the Company is listed in the Novo Mercado segment, which guarantees the highest standard of corporate governance.
The search to improve its portfolio and increase the productivity of its operations is constant for Dexco, which ended 2021 with more than BRL 2.5 billion in investments announced. In addition, the Company is always seeking new strategic moves in line with the Solutions for Better Living purpose, based on a long-term vision and improved profitability. It is worth mentioning the M&A’s carried out in recent years, such as entering the Ceramic Tiles sector through the acquisition of Ceusa and Cecrisa, in addition to the creation of the joint venture LD Celulose with the Austrian company Lenzing.
Minimum distribution policy of 30% of adjusted net income, as provided for in Corporate Bylaws.